We are a generation of go-getters. We seek maximal results in minimal time. Thus, in our exercise regime too, if we can get it… GREAT!
Good news is, there are special set of workouts categorized as resistance training exercises that can help you lose weight and shape your body without much fuss. These are quick, but highly intense workouts that promote fat loss.
Resistance creates more lean muscle mass and increases the amount of oxygen flow needed by the body after rigorous training.
What are the components of resistance training?
Resistance training is a smart amalgamation of various components which are as follows:
- Program – It includes different types of fitness programs ranging from aerobic training, flexibility training, and strength training to balance exercises.
- Weight – It is an important aspect of resistance training. There are different weights for different exercises. For example, weightlifting sessions for hands will be different from lifting your body weight.
- Exercise – There are special exercises designed for particular movements of the body. For example, calf-raise strengthens the muscle of the calf.
- Repetitions – Popularly termed as reps are the number of times you repeat each exercise in a set.
- Set – It is the number of repetitions you can do at a stretch (without resting). For example, if you are asked to complete two sets of squats by 15 reps, it means do 15 squats first, take rest and wrap up the remaining 15 squats.
- Rest – Resting is much needed between squats. However, the amount of rest depends on the level of intensity.
- Variety – Resistance training is about challenging your body. Your gym instructor (Discover the best gym in Jaipur with certified trainers) will introduce your body to different exercises and challenges for your muscles.
- Progressive overload principle – You need to push your limits to the point where it gets almost impossible to commit repetition. Factors like frequency, duration, type of exercise, number of sets and repetitions have a significant role to play.
- Recovery – You need to give your muscles the time to recover itself after it’s been through rigorous intensity training.
3 Best resistance training exercises for your body
1. Leg Adduction
Step 1: Lie on your side and brace your stomach.
Step 2: Slowly bend the knee to the top and place the top foot in front of the bottom knee.
Step 3: While keeping your trunk straight, raise your lower leg off the floor.
Step 4: Engage your core. Make you are feeling the pull inside your lower leg. Do this for ten times and switch sides.
Step 1: Lie flat on your stomach and brace the core muscles.
Step 2: Slowly raise up your body with the help of your toes and elbows.
Step 3: Bring down your buttocks so that they are aligned with your shoulders.
Step 4: Hold this position for 30 seconds initially. Later try to increase it for two minutes. Or you can even hold for 10 seconds and repeat the same for ten times.
3. Straight Leg Raises
Step 1: Lie flat on your back while keeping your core engaged.
Step 2: Bend the right leg at the knee. Keep the left leg straight and tighten the quad muscle.
Step 3: Raise the left leg off the floor. Bring it in parallel to the thighs. Hold for five seconds and gradually lower your leg down. Repeat ten times and then switch legs.
Every resistance-training exercises will impact your body in a good way. Be it squats, deadlifts, Olympic lifts, pull-ups and push-ups, they are all effective when you are trying to lose weight. It is only a matter of whom you are training under. Get your resistance-training program customized by industry’s best trainers at Fit O’ Clock.