lung cancer treatment cost

What is The Success Rate Of Treatment For Lung Cancer?

Lung cancer is a major cause of normal cancer and cancer deaths worldwide. Lung cancer is responsible for 13 percent of all new cases of cancer and 19 percent of all cancer related deaths worldwide. In most cases cigarette was found to be the main reason for lung cancer. Carcinogens are chemicals found in cigarette smoke, which are responsible for lung cancer. However, nowadays lung cancer is seen in most of those who have never smoked.

Lung cancer is mainly divided into two parts – Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). NSCLC is a more common form of lung cancer – cases of 80-85 Percent of lung cancer are of NSCLC.

The most common symptom of lung cancer is a cough, which gradually becomes severe and is not cured. Other symptoms include pneumonia or bronchitis which occur repeatedly, weight loss, loss of appetite, fatigue, difficulty breathing, change of voice.

Lung cancer in India

According to the report, the estimated incidence of lung cancer was 70275 in all ages and in both sexes in India. In relation to the incidence rate, lung cancer was followed by breast cancer, cervical cancer and mouth cancer, in the fourth place among various types of cancer (excluding non-melanoma skin cancers). In case of cancer, lung cancer was the second in men, while women were in sixth place.

Until a decade ago, less than 10% of all lung cancer patients did not smoke. This percentage has now gone up to almost 20%, which is quite high. The rising level of pollution can be one of the reasons.

What is the survival rate of lung cancer in India?

This cancer slowly takes the life of the person, so it is called ‘silent killer’. The main reason for this is smoking. Diagnosis of this disease at the earliest stage can increase the likelihood of a person becoming alive. Only 15% of lung cancer is diagnosed at the earliest stage, where the survival rate of 5 years is about 54%. Approximately 70% of patients with lung cancer can survive for at least one year after diagnosis done in the early stages. You can also get information lung cancer treatment cost in Delhi through the Internet. On spreading to other parts of the tumor, that means the rate of survival of five years in high phase / phase 4 decreases to only 4 percent.

Types of Lung Cancer

Based on the size and texture of the cancer cell by microscope, lung cancer can be classified mainly into two types – Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and Small cell lung cancer (SCLC). Non-small cell lung cancer is the cause of 80% of lung cancer, while for the remaining 20%, small cell lung cancer is responsible.

1.Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer 

The NSCLC can be further divided into four different types, each of which has different options for the treatment –

Squamous cell carcinoma or epidermoid carcinoma – This is the most common type of NSCLC and the most common type of lung cancer in men. It is constructed in the inner surface of bronchial tubes.

Adenocarcinoma – This is the most common type of lung cancer in women and non-smokers. Adenocarcinoma is produced in the glands producing mucus in the lungs.

Large cell undifferentiated carcinoma – Large-scale indigestion carcinoma develops near the outer edges of the lungs or near the surface in rapidly growing cancer.

Bronchioalveolar carcinoma – This type of lung cancer is a rare type of adenocarcinoma, which is formed near the lung air sacs.

2.Small Cell Lung Cancer

  • In a limited level the tumor is present in the lymph nodes present in and around a lung.

Treatment of Lung Cancer

Doctors plan to treat cancer on a number of factors, such as your overall health, your cancer type and stage and your preferences. Usually more than one option is used to treat lung cancer, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or targeted drug therapy. If you go through surgery, your surgeon can remove lymph nodes from your chest to check the symptoms of cancer. During operation of lung cancer your surgeon proceeds lung cancer. With this very small part of healthy tissue is also extracted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *